Managers manage. Leaders coach. Meaningful coaching often requires thoughtful preparation. Prepare for your next coaching conversation by formulating insightful questions designed to help people solve their own problems, create sound action plans, and hold themselves accountable.
Use our in-depth Coaching Conversation Preparation Worksheet to:
- Anticipate team member needs
- Uncover judgments, assumptions, and false perceptions (yours and theirs)
- Identify non-negotiables and acceptable compromises
- Anticipate probable points of agreement and disagreement, and
- Determine the best communication approach to begin your conversation
- Use your insights to approach your coaching conversation with confidence and purpose